Monday 16 September 2013

Mariah Carey Pure 18K White Gold and Silver Top Coat

Happy Monday readers - it's almost the end of the day here which given it's a Monday is never a bad thing!

Today I want to show you the last bit of the Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 collection, I got lucky again and was able to pick up the new Mariah white gold topcoat that is coming out as a special, it was my missing piece of the puzzle.

On first inspection this appears very similar to the OPI The Man With A Golden Gun from 2012, except it has white gold flakes rather than yellow gold. 

The packaging for this is gorgeous, look at that bottle - how can you resist? Especially if you have a soft spot in your heart for OPI.  This polish also comes in it's own box display box.

For this swatch I used 2 coats of I saw.....U Saw......We Saw...... Warsaw from the OPI Euro collection, one coat of the Mariah white gold topcoat and one coat of topcoat.

I really like this white gold topcoat, the coverage is good, I think a little better the The Man With A Golden Gun. It still has a slight tinge of yellow to the gold and I was expecting it to be completely silver, but looking back it's nothing like the yellow gold top coat, I prefer it and I think it's pretty.

I used this over a dark colour so it would stand out but I think it would probably look good over anything! Definitely a worthwhile purchase for my collection.

I got mine from Lena White, the UK distributor where I have a trade card so I don't know exactly what I paid for it but I remember The Man With A Golden Gun was about £30 last year I would guess it might be around that - ouch! 

Will this be making it into your collection?







x

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Beautiful swatches, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really nice polish, I can't wait to try it out over other colours!

      Delete
  2. yep, I think I need it! I also have a spot spot in my heart for OPI and I love the effect! love your swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a soft spot for OPI too! I have a whole helmer worth, I know they are sometimes not the most exciting but the quality is always great. I love OPI! Thanks Nailderella *fangirl moment!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey great stuff, thank you for sharing this useful 's a Very good, very useful to me, Thank you very much post.
    rose gold ring

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x