Tuesday 3 September 2013

OPI Holiday 2013 Mariah Carey Collection - Part 2 - Golds and Glitters

Today I want to show you the second instalment of the OPI 2013 Holiday Mariah Carey Collection. I've chosen the golds, glitters and brown toned polishes for this post as these were my favourites, second to the liquid sands.

There are 4 glitters in this collection and I am missing one from this post. I Snow You Love Me had not been stock taken at the distributor when I visited so it's on it's way in the post to me and I'll post it on it's own as soon as it gets here.

All swatches were 2 coats of polish unless otherwise stated, in true OPI style the formulas were excellent and easy to work with, even for glitters.

Here they are:



Ski Slope Sweetie:
This golden pearl is everybunny's favourite
I did buy this one but I queried it to be honest, it looked sheer in the bottle and for this swatch I used 3 coats. As you can see I still have VNL but I do think it's a layering polish. The day I bought it I put it on my thumb, over my Enchanted Polish A Little Fishy Told Me, it was very pretty. When I use it I'll be sure to layer it over a lighter colour, it gives off a very pretty gold sheen.


My Favorite Ornament:
Make this champagne glitter your new personal favourite
Very pretty and very sparkly, gave great coverage in 2 coats.


Wonderous Star:
This gold flecked shimmer has heavenly shine
This one almost reminds me of an indie polish, initially I wasn't sure about the black glitter, however it's grown on me and I do like it. Again it was a very sparkly polish with a good coverage.


All Sparkly and Gold:
What more can we say.... the names says it all
Well the name does say it all - pretty polish, uninspiring name!


Warm Me Up:
This spiced coffee hits all the cold spots
I thought this one was a bit of an odd choice in this collection and I really wouldn't describe it as a spiced coffee at all. It really reminded me of a smoked version of the base colour of OPI's My Private Jet. I don't have anything the similar in my collection and I might wear with with a glitter topper to add a bit of jazz.

All in all, I really liked all of these. My top picks would certainly be My Favourite Ornament and All Sparkly and Gold, I think they will make beautiful accent fingers and even look beautiful on toes.

Watch out for part 3 tomorrow, a must if you like your reds.......
x

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you so much for all the swatches! I've seen the three parts you did for this collection and they look great. I was very intrigued by these golden ones, I think I'll be getting My Favorite Ornament.
    Your reviews were very helpful! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x