Sunday 8 April 2012

Cadbury Creme Eggs - Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!

So the other day I saw a blogger post her Cadbury Creme Egg mani and I fell in love with it. Given my love for Creme Eggs I just had to try it!

Now I would just like to make it clear that this was unfortunately not my idea but I found it on the Cosmetic Cupcake blog, she does some awesome swatches and if you haven't had a look at her blog you should, you can find it here: http://www.cosmeticcupcake.com/

Anyway, so I thought I'd try and change it up a tiny bit. I matted the base and put a layer of Northern Lights Gold holographic topcoat on top of the egg. I'm not great with nail art but I think it turned out pretty good, hopefully it will give me the confidence to try nail art a bit more!





These are the polishes I used for this mani:
First my usual base coat of 2 coats of Nail Envy Maintenence
China Glaze Poinsettia
GOSH Deep Purple
White Nail Art Striper
Miss Sporty Taxi
GOSH Matte Topcoat
Northern Lights Gold Holographic Topcoat



I used tape on one half of the nail to paint the red part first, waitied for it to dry completely then taped over the red to paint the purple and then filled in the join with the striper. I actually think it looks pretty cool and I had lots of compliments on it just on its own:




Happy Easter, hope you get to eat lots of Creme Eggs. Mmmmmmmmm :-)

4 comments:

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x