Sunday 22 April 2012

China Glaze Poinsettia

Time for another untried and today was London Marathon day!

My lovely boyfriend was running the marathon so I know what effort goes into training and preparing, it's an amazing acheivement. I wanted to do a mani to support this occasion but I only thought about this the day before and we have been moving into our new house so I really haven't had a lot of time to plan it.

One of my lovely birthday girls suggested that I use the London Marathon Logo which I thought was a great idea.
I started off with China Glaze Poinsettia. I know this isn't a complete untried to me as I used it in my Cadbury's Creme Egg mani (here) but I've never used it for a full mani and I really think it deserves it.

This is a gorgeous true red creme which I think is actually quite jelly like. It is a bit more sheer than most cremes and has a beautiful squishiness and the shine typical of jellies.

This is 2 coats with NYC topcoat:







I then wanted to add some hearts. It got really late and I tried a few different plates when I settled on this one. It actually looks more like a Valentine mani than a Marathon mani but it was cute anyway. I used Konad special white polish and Red Angel plate 101. To give it a little sparkle I then topped it off with Northern Lights Silver Hologram Topcoat.





I'm only a newbie at stamping so I think that also qualifies for another untried.



I don't want to take this mani off but it's Monday and work (non-polish wearing) beckons. My boyfriend completed the marathon (yay and congrats!) so I guess it served it's purpose, next time I'll have to try and think of these things further in advance!!

Have a look at what untrieds my other birthday girls have been using:



Helen at Nail Newbie
Alyssa C at Polish Junkie Ninja
Alyssa B at Fancy Phalanges


1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x