Tuesday 16 April 2013

Lacquer Lust Chocolate Covered Strawberries


Is it midweek yet??? I'm having on of those weeks where I feel like it should already be Friday, you know the kind? Where you come home from work and fall asleep on the sofa before bedtime! Anyway, time for some pretty nails to perk me up!!

Today I have one of the Lacquer Lust polishes I was lucky enough to score in the January restock when they were still offering international shipping direct from the Bigcartel store. I had only recently come across Lacquer Lust, I think it was the hype over Butt Bootie Naked that did it, however they have some very pretty and unique polishes.

One of the polishes I picked up was Chocolate Covered Strawberries which is from the Transitions collection, these polishes are colour changing thermal scattered holo's and apparently change colour with your body temperature. Chocolate Covered Strawberries is described as changing from a chocolate mauve when cold to a pink mauve when warm.

Firstly, this polish is absolutely gorgeous, I really really loved wearing it, unfortunately I wasn't able to get a colour change. I did think the colour change would be subtle, however I really couldn't detect anything at all. I don't know if I got a defective bottle or not, I tried running my hands under hot and cold water but really didn't get a detectable change in colour which was a shame but really didn't ruin the polish for me. If you want to see the colour shift Fashion Polish has some great swatches showing this that you can see here.

For these swatches I used 3 coats of Chocolate Covered Strawberries and a coat of HK Girl topcoat. I did get some black specks in the polish which would sort of drag out when I went over them with the brush, I don't know if they were anything to do with the colour changing pigment or not, they weren't enough to spoil the effect of the polish but you can see them in the photographs.

Overall I really liked this polish even though I was a little disappointed it didn't change colour. The formula was nice and the holo was really pretty. I have another of the transitions collection to show you  so hopefully I'll have more luck with the colour changing next time.

Lacquer Lust can be found on their Big Cartel site here, and they are also stocked on Harlow and Co here.  Be warned they sell out fast, you can keep up with restock information at the Lacquer Lust Facebook page here.






x

3 comments:

  1. oh wow! I love this, so pretty & quite subtle - just gorgeous!!
    I might even look out for one of these on the sale pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I'm a new follower, would love if you would please follow me back on my blog: http://myprettynailz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! It's a shame it didn't change colour but still looks beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x