Thursday 3 January 2013

New Years Eve Mani - Cherries!

I know this is a little late but I have decided as part of my new years blogging resolutions not to post more than once a day. I don't like it when I don't have time to look at all the posts in my blogger and I get a bit overwhelmed when there are lots by the same person. So, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Anyway, hope you all had a great new year. Mine was really lovely. My husband and I, along with some of his family, went to a 1950's themed Rock and Roll party around the corner from us. There was a jukebox and a band and hotdogs. What more can a girl ask for?!

For my outfit I bought a really cool 1950's style dress with a cherry print on it, I paired it with a frilly red petticoat and it looked very pretty. I wish I could wear that style of clothes all the time!

Anyway, for my nails it had to be cherries too. I had been meaning to try a tutorial by Cutepolish for ages and this was the perfect time. You can see the tutorial here.

I really loved this mani and didn't change it till yesterday. I also had loads of compliments. They would be perfect for summer too.

For this mani I used 2 coats of OPI Alpine Snow as the base, OPI Big Apple Red for the cherries and Konad green polish for the stems.





See, matched my dress well didn't it!

Happy New Year to you all! I hope 2013 is a great year full of fun and happiness. x

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. They are really cute :D Matching dress perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Agia. They really were cute and SO easy! I think I wore this mani for 3 days straight!!

      Delete
  2. Oh My! This mani is so cute but not as amazing as that dress! No wonder you got so many complements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. I got it on eBay! Gotta love eBay!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x