Friday 7 December 2012

Boots 17 Holo

I was walking through Boots in September I believe, or it may have been August and what should catch my eye?? A Boots 17 Holo! Of course after the disappointment of GOSH Holographic Hero I had to pick it up just to see.

You can't always tell how holo a polish will be from looking at the bottle, for example the original GOSH Holographic is actually a dull grey when you look at it in the bottle and we all know that's not the case on the nail don't we! So I thought to myself, you never know.....

I got it outside, swatched it on one nail and my hopes of a beautiful rainbow were dashed so I didn't want waste the very little sun we have in the UK on this polish, instead I took it on honeymoon to swatch it as I knew I'd have a lot of sunshine to play with!

I would describe Boots 17 as a subtle scattered holo, so if you like linear in your face holo's like I do this probably isn't for you. However if you are just getting into holographic polishes and want to try something subtle, easy to find and reasonably priced you might want to give it a go. I think I bought mine for £3.99 but Boots often does 3 for 2 deal so you might be able to get it cheaper.

These photographs were taken when the sun was starting to set, it wasn't at it's brightest so you may get a bit more rainbow than I have shown. This was 2 coats, no topcoat. I did try topcoat and it did not affect the holo effect. I found the formula to be fairly easy for a holo and didn't use an aqua base either. Overall a good holo starter polish I'd say.




 

x

2 comments:

  1. I thought this one was pretty good, especially in sunlight! Great pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that holo is amazing! Looks better than the GOSH one I have... On the 'to buy' list :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x