Wednesday 19 December 2012

KBShimmer Candy Cane Crush

This is one of my first KBShimmers and arguably the best Christmas collection released. I got 7 of them from Harlow & Co in the first release so I have been lucky for them to have time to get across the pond to me in time for Christmas.

Before wearing this I searched for swatches and decided to layer it over a pink. I wanted to get that Candy Cane look and pink is perfect. I used 3 coats of I Think In Pink from OPI's 2012 Breast Cancer Duo, which is a really nice baby pink jelly and a coat of Ozotic 216 for extra sparkle. Lately I have been craving to wear some holo's so this helped a little. I used 1 coat of KBShimmer Candy Cane Crush for this mani and topped with 2 coats of HK Girl topcoat.

Candy Cane Crush is scented with Vanilla Peppermint. I've never used a scented polish before and wasn't sure how I'd like it but actually it was great, well once the topcoat smell wore off that is. It wasn't too overpowering, just faint and pleasant.

These are my first pictures with my new lights and light box. I finally gave in becuase I was fed up of carrying polish with me everywhere I went in case a bit of light showed itself long enough so I could take a picture! I'm sure I still need to adjust things and play around with my set up but so far so good I think.

I got so many compliments on this mani and was a bit sad to take it off, but so many Christmas polishes so little time......





1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing with that base coat! So delicate! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x